The SELFcheck Urine Infection Test is a simple reliable screening test to detect indirect signs of urinary tract infection such as protein, nitrite and leucocytes present in urine
What are the benefits of testing for Urine Infections?
Urine infections can range from mild, bladder infections to severe kidney infections. All of these infections can be potentially serious and will require medical attention.
In women Urine infections are 50 times more likely than in men.
When should you test for a urine infection?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms you should test your urine
• A need to urinate frequently
• Experiencing any Pain while passing urine
• Urine that has an offensive odour that may also be cloudy
• Any fever or chills & Pain in the loins
This test can be used by everyone, but it is strongly advised for women aged from 16 years and over.
How to use
1. The urine infection test requires a fresh urine sample.
2. Visual results will be available within 2 minutes.
3. Please read the full instruction manual contained in the pack before commencing use.
How to read your results
If all the Colours of the test fields match the bottom line of the colour chart this is a Negative result, but if symptoms persist, speak to your pharmacist or GP.
If there is one or more test pads colour that match line 2, 3 or 4 of the colour chart this is a Positive result.
In the case of a positive result the following 3 causes may be possible
• Leukocytes: appear in urine when a bacterial infection is, or was recently, present.
• Nitrites: appear in urine as a result of bacterial activity in the urinary tract.
• Protein: often present in urine when there is a kidney infection, bladder or prostate inflammation, or bleeding in the urinary tract.
In all cases of a positive result, you should speak to your pharmacist or GP.
Please Note: No medical decision should be made without advice.
Drink plenty of water (at least 4 pints/2 litres a day), which will alleviate the symptoms and help to flush out your kidneys and bladder.
Pack Contents: Contained in each pack are 2 test strips in sealed foil packs, and the instructions for use.
• A simple and easy test which provides quick results in 2 minutes
• No need to send off for test results
• No need to limit any food or drink intake before you test
• Test includes a detailed and informative leaflet with urinary infection information
If you are concerned about the symptoms you are experiencing, we recommend that you seek medical advice from your GP or one of our Pharmacists. If you have completed a self-test and are concerned about your results or your symptoms are still present, we suggest that you talk to your GP or one of our Pharmacists for more advice.
Our Online Doctor offers a home testing service, where your chosen test will be sent to you at home to complete. On completion this will then be sent to a lab and returned to the online doctor who will discuss the results with you. Start your online consultation today.
Free on orders over £35
£3.95 for orders up to £35
Delivered within 3 to 5 days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day on orders placed by 4pm
Delivered the following day if orders placed after 4pm
Excludes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Click & collect
Free on all orders
Delivered next working day on orders placed before 3pm (Monday to Thursday)
Orders placed on Friday to Sunday will be delivered on the following Tuesday
Exclusions apply to find out more about our Click & Collect service click here
Free delivery for NHS prescription medicines sent by Royal Mail Signed service
Please note normal delivery charges will apply for non-prescription items in the same basket
Once we have received your prescription it can take up to 48 hours for us to dispense your items, and Royal Mail Signed service can take 3-5 working days
Free delivery for private prescription medicines sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery
Please note all private prescription items have a minimum order value of £7.00
Once we have received your prescription it can take up to 48 hours for us to dispense your items, and Royal Mail can take 3-5 working days
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy and exclusions click here