Early detection of atrial fibrillation, premature contraction and strokes.
The LloydsPharmacy cardio blood pressure monitor can prevent the risk of cardio disease and stroke by early detection of atrial fibrillation (AFib) and premature contraction (PC). Cardiac diseases such as PC and AFib need medical attention and early detection is paramount, as these conditions are associated with a higher risk of cardio blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. The LloydsPharmacy cardio blood pressure monitor has in-built CARRDIO technology which detects arrhythmia during your regular blood pressure checks. There's no need for a second test, a different setting, simply take your blood pressure like you normally would.
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is when the heart has an abnormal rhythm (arrhythmia), characterised by rapid and/or irregular beating of the atrial (upper) chambers of the heart. People with AFib are five times more likely to have a stroke and atrial fibrillation often begins as short periods of abnormal beating, which over time may become longer periods. It may also start as other forms of arrhythmia such as atrial flutter that then transform into AFib. Undetected AFib is the most common heart rhythm disorder and affects an estimated 1.5m people in the U.K.
Premature contraction (PC) is an extra, abnormal heartbeat that occurs within the lower chambers (ventricles) of the heart. These extra beats disrupt your regular heart rhythm, sometimes causing you to feel a fluttering or palpitations (skipped beat) in your chest. These extra beats may occur singularly or repeated. PC is a sensitive marker for a range of cardiac disorders and elevated ischemic stroke risk.
The cardio blood pressure monitor from LloydsPharmacy is innovative with its detection of AFib and PC. Plus, it also has other beneficial features including two user settings with 120 reading memories, loose cuff detection where an icon will appear on the monitor to indicate if the cuff is not positioned correctly. The movement detection will remind you to remain still whilst taking a reading, giving a more accurate result. The visual hypertension risk indication shows the assumed risk level (optimal, normal, high-normal, grade 1 hypertension, grade 2 hypertension, grade 3 hypertension) of your result, making the meaning of your findings comprehensive and reliable. Last but not least, the blood pressure monitor features a guest mode where a non-stored single reading can be taken.
Features of LloydsPharmacy cardio blood pressure monitor with atrial fibrillation detection
• Arrhythmia detection (ARR)
• Arterial fibrillation detection (AFib)
• Premature contraction detection (PC)
• Loose cuff detection
• Movement detection
• Hypertension risk indication
• Average reading
• 7 day am/pm averaging
• 120 memories for two users with date and time indication
• Guest mode
• Jumbo size XL digits for easy reading
• 1 x blood pressure unit
• 1 x universal cone cuff (latex free)
• 4 x AA batteries
• 1 x user manual
• 1 x storage pouch
Power: 4 x AA batteries
Measurement method: Oscillometer
Measurement range pressure: 30~260 mmHg;
Pulse: 40~199 beats/minute
Pressure sensor: Semi-conductor
Accuracy pressure: ± 3 mmHg; Pulse: ± 5% of reading
Inflation: Pump driven
Deflation: Automatic air release valve
Memory capacity: 60 memories for each zone x 2 zones
Auto-shut-off: 1 minute after last key operation
Dimensions: (L)146.7 x (W)100 x (H)74 mm
Arm circumference adult: 24~40 cm (9.4~15.7)
• Use in a home environment
Warnings and cautions
• The unit contains high-precision assemblies - avoid extreme temperatures, humidity and direct sunlight.
• Whilst taking a measurement do not talk, move your hand or arm muscles as this could alter the result.
• If the unit is not going to be in use for a few days remove the batteries.
• Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
• Seek medical advice before using if you have a pacemaker.
• Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
• Do not use this device on infants or new-borns.
What should my blood pressure reading be?
To find out more about measuring your blood pressure at home click here.
1. Unwrap the arm cuff, leaving the end of the cuff through the D-ring of the cuff.
2. Put your left arm through the cuff loop. The colour strip indication should be positioned closer to you with the tube pointing in the direction of your arm.
3. With your left palm facing upward, place the edge of the arm cuff at approximately 1.5 to 2.5cm above the inner side of the elbow joint.
4. Pull the end of the cuff to tighten then centre the tube over the middle of the arm.
5. Press the hook and loop material together securely allowing room for two fingers to fit between the cuff and your arm.
6. Position the artery mark (Ø) over the main artery (on the inside of your arm). Note: Locate the main artery by pressing with two fingers approximately 2cm above the bend of your elbow on the inside of your left arm.
For more information please see packaging.
Free on orders over £20
£3.95 for orders up to £20
Delivered within 2 to 3 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day on orders placed by 4pm
Delivered the following day if orders placed after 4pm
Excludes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Click & collect
Free for over £15, if your order is less than £15 Click & Collect costs £1.50. Orders placed before 3pm Monday-Thursday will be delivered the next day*. Orders placed after 3pm on Thursday and all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be delivered on the following Tuesday
Exclusions apply to find out more about our Click & Collect service click here
*Orders to the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands and Islands will take an extra day in addition to these delivery times
Free delivery for NHS prescription medicines with Echo by LloydsPharmacy
NHS repeat prescriptions are sent via Royal Mail 24-hour delivery
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy and exclusions click here