POWERbreathe has been shown to reduce breathlessness and bring new-found freedom to people who, because of illness or advancing age, are restricted by shortness of breath.
How many of us get out-of-breath walking upstairs, running for a bus or walking the dog? There can be many causes of breathlessness, such as illness, injury or simply getting older. Most people assume breathing is controlled automatically, like our heartbeat, but the truth is that we need to learn how to breathe well.
POWERbreathe has been shown to reduce breathlessness and bring new-found freedom to people who, because of illness or advancing age, are restricted by shortness of breath using the laboratory-proven POWERbreathe training system of 30 breaths twice day and the strength of your breathing muscles will improve rapidly. An easy-to-use, drug free, hand-held device, POWERbreathe has a controllable load for progressive exercise and is appropriate for people at all levels of fitness.
POWERbreathe is great for those living with asthma or anyone experiencing respiratory issues. New research has shown that exercising and strengthening the muscles we use to breathe in, the inspiratory muscles, can help reduce breathlessness and can also alleviate the symptoms of asthma. If you think you might have asthma, find out more about asthma symptoms and its causes here.
Numerous research trials have already been conducted, examining breathlessness and respiratory muscle fatigue in many groups of people. In randomised, controlled trials, on mild/moderate asthmatics, POWERbreathe increased inspiratory muscle strength by a mean of 11% in just three weeks (McConnell et al., 1998).
Features of POWERbreathe classic light resistance wellness trainer
• Improves strength and endurance of respiratory muscles • Trains muscles to resist fatigue • Relieves the symptoms of asthma • Drug free respiratory treatment • No drug interactions or side effects • Easy to use and washable • Scientifically proven inspiratory muscle training device
Inspiratory muscle training has improved inspiratory muscle function in the following conditions:
• Spinal cord injury (Hultgren et al.,1980, Gross et al., 1980) • Cystic fibrosis (Sawyer et al., 1993) • Chronic heart failure (Cahalin et al.,1997, Mancini et al., 1995) • Neuromuscular diseases including MS (Foglio et al., 1994) • Duchenne muscular dystrophy (Wanke et al., 1994) • Heart-lung transplant patients (Ambrosino et al., 1996)
Discover more advice and support for your respiratory concerns here.
• 1 x POWERbreathe classic light resistance wellness trainer
Beginning the treatment:
1. Put the nose-clip on over your nose so that it pushes your nostrils together. This is optional but by doing this it prevents you from breathing in through your nose. 2. Breathe in sharply and forcefully through the POWERbreathe for 30 breaths twice a day. You should aim to use your POWERbreathe morning and night as this will allow your inspiratory muscles time to recover in between sessions. 3. You'll need to adjust and increase the resistance of your POWERbreathe device as your inspiratory muscle strength and stamina improves with treatment.
1. During the treatments the POWERbreathe device will be exposed to salvia and will need to be soaked 2-3 times per week. 2. To clean soak the POWERbreathe device for 10 minutes in warm water up to once a week soak the POWERbreathe device in a mild cleansing solution. 3. Leave the device to dry.
Please see the accompanying POWERbreathe user manual for full details.
Please see packaging for further information.
Free on orders over £35 £3.95 for orders up to £35 Delivered within 3 to 5 days
Next day delivery
£5.99 Delivered next working day on orders placed by 4pm Delivered the following day if orders placed after 4pm Excludes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Click & collect
Free on all orders Delivered next working day on orders placed before 3pm (Monday to Thursday) Orders placed on Friday to Sunday will be delivered on the following Tuesday Exclusions apply to find out more about our Click & Collect service click here
Free delivery for NHS prescription medicines sent by Royal Mail Signed service Please note normal delivery charges will apply for non-prescription items in the same basket Once we have received your prescription it can take up to 48 hours for us to dispense your items, and Royal Mail Signed service can take 3-5 working days
Free delivery for private prescription medicines sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery Please note all private prescription items have a minimum order value of £7.00 Once we have received your prescription it can take up to 48 hours for us to dispense your items, and Royal Mail can take 3-5 working days
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days Find out more about our returns policy and exclusions click here
Click and Collect
Orders after Thursday 3pm - Sunday will be delivered on the following Tuesday
Deliver to UK address
(FREE on orders over £35)
Including Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
Free delivery on prescriptions.
Quick Info Content
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest offers and product news from LloydsPharmacy
If you have specific information or communication support needs, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to meet these needs. LloydsPharmacy Online website is owned and provided by Lloyds Pharmacy Limited a Company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 758153. Our VAT Number is 222516987.
The customer will be logged out and the session ended in 30 seconds.