Pharmacy And Online Doctor
Pharmacy And Online Doctor
Shop by Category
Consilient needs to be taken within 3 days of unprotected sex. Please allow enough time for delivery, or your order may be cancelled.
This product is currently unavailable
When ordering Consilient, we recommend Next Day Delivery to ensure you are able to receive and take your medication within the required number of days.
If you would like more information on the morning after pill or just someone to talk to, we are here to help. Come and see us at your local LloydsPharmacy for a private and supportive conversation with one of our friendly in-store pharmacists.
Use our store locator now to find your nearest store and information on their opening times.What is Consilient Emergency Contraceptive and what it is used for?
Consilient Emergency Contraceptive 1500 micrograms tablet contains a synthetic hormone-like substance called Levonorgestrel. It prevents about 84% of expected pregnancies when you take it within 72 hours of having unprotected sex (or if a contraceptive method has failed). It will not prevent a pregnancy every time and is more effective if you take it as soon as possible after unprotected sex. It is better to take it within 12 hours rather than a delay until the third day.
It is thought to work by:
• Stopping your ovaries from releasing an egg;
• Preventing sperm from fertilising any egg you may have already released
It does not work if you are already pregnant or if you have unprotected sex after taking the Emergency Contraceptive.
Warnings and Precautions
If any of the following applies to you, talk to your doctor before taking this Contraceptive as Emergency Contraception may not be suitable for you. Your doctor may be able to prescribe you another type of Emergency Contraception.
• If you are allergic to levonorgestrel or any of the other ingredients of this medicine listed.
• Levonorgestrel is not recommended for young women under 16 years of age without medical supervision
• This medicine will not work if you are already pregnant. If you are, Consilient Emergency Contraceptive cannot terminate pregnancy, so Consilient Emergency Contraceptive is not an "Abortion Pill"
You may already be pregnant if:
• Your period is more than 5 days late, or you have experienced unusual bleeding when your next period is due
• You have had unprotected sex more than 72 hours ago, and since your last period
The use of Consilient Emergency Contraceptive is not advised and further medical advice should be sought if:
- You have a disease of your small bowel (such as Crohn's disease) that inhibits the absorption of the drug
- You have severe liver problems
- You have a history of Ectopic pregnancy (where the baby develops somewhere outside the womb)
- You have ever had a disease called Salpingitis (inflammation of the fallopian tubes)
- You have a problem with Galactose intolerance, the lapp lactose deficiency or glucose - galactose malabsorption
How often can you use Emergency Contraceptive?
You should only use Consilient Emergency Contraceptive in emergencies and not as a regular method of contraception. If Consilient Emergency Contraceptive is used more than once in a menstrual cycle , it is less reliable and is more likely to upset your menstrual cycle (period).
Although there have been no reports of serious harmful effects from taking too many tablets at once, you may feel sick, actually be sick (vomit), or have vaginal bleeding. You should ask your pharmacist , doctor, practice nurse or family planning clinic for advice, especially if you have been sick, as the tablet may not have worked properly.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in the Patient Information Leaflet or as your pharmacist has told you.
Check with your doctor or our pharmacist if you are not sure.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in the leaflet or as your pharmacist has told you.
Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Use in children and adolescents:
This medicine is not recommended for use in children. If you are under 16, you must visit your doctor or family planning clinic to get Emergency Contraception.
• Take the tablet as soon as possible, preferably within 12 hours, and no later than 72 hours (3 days) after you have had unprotected sex. Consilient Emergency Contraceptive Consilient can be taken at any time in your menstrual cycle assuming you are not already pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Do not chew but swallow the tablet whole with water. Do not delay taking the tablet. The tablet works better the sooner you take it after having unprotected sex.
• If you are already using a regular method of contraception such as the contraceptive pill, you can continue to take this at your regular times.
After you have taken Consilient Emergency Contraceptive
After you have taken Consilient Emergency Contraceptive, if you want to have sex, and are not using the contraceptive pill, you should use condoms or a cap plus spermicide until your next menstrual period. This is because Consilient Emergency Contraceptive won?t work if you have unprotected sex again, before your next period is due.
Free on orders over £35
£3.95 for orders up to £35
Delivered within 3 to 5 days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day on orders placed by 4pm
Delivered the following day if orders placed after 4pm
Excludes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Click & collect
Free on all orders
Delivered next working day on orders placed before 3pm (Monday to Thursday)
Orders placed on Friday to Sunday will be delivered on the following Tuesday
Exclusions apply to find out more about our Click & Collect service click here
Free delivery for NHS prescription medicines sent by Royal Mail Signed service
Please note normal delivery charges will apply for non-prescription items in the same basket
Once we have received your prescription it can take up to 48 hours for us to dispense your items, and Royal Mail Signed service can take 3-5 working days
Free delivery for private prescription medicines sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery
Please note all private prescription items have a minimum order value of £7.00
Once we have received your prescription it can take up to 48 hours for us to dispense your items, and Royal Mail can take 3-5 working days
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy and exclusions click here
The customer will be logged out and the session ended in 30 seconds.