The UK's only lice treatment with malathion.
Derbac M liquid 200ml is a specially formulated head lice treatment that can also treat scabies and crab lice. Containing the active ingredient malathion Derbac M 200ml targets and kills lice and their eggs by disrupting their vital metabolic process and destroying the enzyme that is essential for their growth and survival.
Derbac M 200ml is a liquid malathion treatment that is gentle on the skin so is suitable for anyone with sensitive skin, it is also safe for people who live with asthma.
Features of Derbac M liquid 200ml
• Disrupts the metabolic process of lice and eggs
• Destroys lice, crabs and scabies
• Liquid based malathion formula
• Children aged 6 months and above
• People with asthma
• People with sensitive skin
Warnings and cautions
• Derbac liquid is for external use on the skin only
• Avoid contact with the eyes or mouth
• If the liquid is accidentally swallowed, please seek medical advice from your doctor or casualty department immediately
• Don't apply the liquid to broken or infected areas of skin
• People giving repeated applications or treating large numbers of people with this medicine, for example clinic or school nurses, should wear rubber gloves
• Do not use this medicine more than once in a week, or for more than three weeks in a row
Side effects of Derbac M liquid 200ml
• Skin irritation
• Allergic reactions such as swelling of the face, throat or tongue (angioedema), swollen eyes or anaphylaxis. Get immediate medical advice if you think you have had an allergic reaction to the liquid
• Chemical burns
1. Apply to dry hair making sure your scalp is completely covered.
2. Spread the liquid evenly from roots to tip to make sure every part is covered.
3. Leave to dry naturally in a well-ventilated room for 12 hours or overnight.
4. Wash your hair as normal with shampoo and then comb whilst wet to remove dead lice and eggs
5. Repeat after 7 days.
1. Apply Derbac liquid to the entire skin surface.
2. Pay attention to beards and moustaches.
3. Try to avoid areas such as the neck.
4. Leave on overnight but for at least one hour before washing off in the usual manner.
5. Repeat after 7 days.
1. Apply Derbac to your skin surface. In adults it may not be necessary to apply above the neck but children under the age of 2 years should have a thin film of applied to the scalp, face and ears, avoiding the eyes and mouth.
2. Do not wash off, or bathe for 24 hours.
3. If your hands or any other parts must be washed during this period, Derbac must be reapplied to those areas immediately.
4. Repeat after 7 days family members and close contacts should also be treated with Derbac simultaneously
Malathion 0.5% w/w, methyl hydroxybenzoate, propyl hydroxybenzoate, lanette wax SX, potassium citrate, citric acid, perfume HT 52, water.
Free on orders over £35
£3.95 for orders up to £35
Delivered within 3 to 5 days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day on orders placed by 4pm
Delivered the following day if orders placed after 4pm
Excludes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Click & collect
Free on all orders
Delivered next working day on orders placed before 3pm (Monday to Thursday)
Orders placed on Friday to Sunday will be delivered on the following Tuesday
Exclusions apply to find out more about our Click & Collect service click here
Free delivery for NHS prescription medicines sent by Royal Mail Signed service
Please note normal delivery charges will apply for non-prescription items in the same basket
Once we have received your prescription it can take up to 48 hours for us to dispense your items, and Royal Mail Signed service can take 3-5 working days
Free delivery for private prescription medicines sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery
Please note all private prescription items have a minimum order value of £7.00
Once we have received your prescription it can take up to 48 hours for us to dispense your items, and Royal Mail can take 3-5 working days
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy and exclusions click here